2


Para conocer más acerca de mi trabajo e información actualizada de las clases entra a www.mariselarumberg.com

Para ver mi trabajo en persona acude al centro de arte Workhouse Arts Center en la ciudad de Lorton en Virginia. Para mayores informes entra a www.workhousearts.org

.

wh

Saturday, September 21, 2013

My Love, My Accomplice And My Everything...

Quilt Portrait 13.5" x 12.5"
       How much does somebody’s life change after love is found? Mine changed A LOT! A new language, a new country, a whole new culture and a new religion! I feel that I still struggle with all these changes a little bit every day. 
But it is worth it.      Here’s a quilt of the love of my life. I meant to have it ready as an anniversary gift last August but, well, mine is a crazy busy life, you know…
I hand painted it after I printed on fabric (see more about the process in the next picture). 
The words I added in the bottom are a verse of Mario Bennedetti’s poem: “my love, my accomplice and my everything… “and that’s exactly what Michael is for me. Thanks Sweetheart for being part of my life. I love you.   Marisela.    



 

First I cropped Michael out from our 2012 family picture. Then, using Photoshop Elements, I erased the boys from the sides, reconstructed the rocks and his shirt and used some filters to blur the background.  I changed the picture to black and white and printed it as a draft on fabric. I painted the fabric using Tsukineko Inks. Finally, I put the quilt together and did some Free Motion. Isn’t it great? 

Get your own picture of your beloved and give me a call, I can make the quilt portrait for you or even teach you how to do it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment