2


Para conocer más acerca de mi trabajo e información actualizada de las clases entra a www.mariselarumberg.com

Para ver mi trabajo en persona acude al centro de arte Workhouse Arts Center en la ciudad de Lorton en Virginia. Para mayores informes entra a www.workhousearts.org

.

wh

Friday, December 27, 2013

T-Shirts Quilt for Luz

If you have a bunch of t-shirts and want your own keepsake too, give me a call 
or send me an email, I'll be happy to design one for you.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and many blessings to all of you in 2014!     Guess what? I did it! I finished this quilt before the end of the year!  With lots of love to my dear friend Luz who I admire for being a great mom and a very disciplined athlete.  This quilt is a keepsake made of t-shirts from all her triathlon and marathon races.     The first photo shows the entire quilt and the next two show my... 


quilting in detail on the front and back. Please notice how I designed the quilt, it’s not just t-shirts in a grid like you always see. And lots of detail work on it: each t-shirt was outlined with Free Motion. Flowers and loops as a filler in the green sashing and I love the final look of the leaves border - which by the way, I didn’t mark at all!
Luz saw the quilt top, but hasn’t seen the finished quilt and I’m really excited about giving it to her this weekend. I’ll let you know if she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment